Friday, January 6, 2012

Haiku Poetry

  Few days ago, we talked about diamante poem and we mentioned 'Haiku' once in the class. Then, I decided to post some Haiku Poetries in my blog! Haiku Poem was started in Japan and it's just one type of the poem. But, in this style, we need to follow the

5 syllables
7 syllables
5 syllables

rule. Also, according to naver dictionary, "Syllable is a part of a word that contains a single vowel sound and that is pronounced as a unit." For someone, it might be very easy but at first, it's quite hard to follow the rule. Let me give some examples.


These are the examples and...


She gave us cookies.
Her room is in Da San Gwan.
She is a teacher.

△This is what I wrote and it is 'Who am I?' form.
I believe that you can guess the answer easily.
Please leave the comments~

Thank You^0^

1 comment:

  1. Ummmm... no I can't guess. Oh! Mrs. Lee?? She gave me coffee today. She is very nice.:)

    I'm glad you decided to do some extra poetry. I know diamante isn't as fancy as a haiku, but I like it better.

    ReplyDelete