Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Reflective Essay

   I watched a part of movie named "Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter, and Spring." In the movie, an apprentice bullies the fish, the frog, and the snake. Unfortunately, the monk see that and he do the same thing to the young monk for punishment. Therefore, a young monk realize that bullying is bad.
   Like other students, I done some bad things too. I fought with my elder brother often when I was about 10 years old. Usually, my parents just said us to stop fighting and be good brother and sister. Honestly, we fought very often and we usually ignored their advice. There were lots of reasons to fight. My brothers distract me while I was doing something, I ate my brother's snack without his permission, etc. If I think of that situation now, I think it was really childish. But, I am still wondering that I didn't my parents scold us harshly. Anyway, I think it was quite effective. If my parents scolded us harshly, I might hated my parents. Strangely, without their scolding, we became a good brother and sister. I believe that it was one of their way to make us being a good brother and sister.
   In the movie, a monk punish an apprentice in a same way that an apprentice did to the animals. In my point of view, I think it it one of the good ways of teaching something. In this case, a monk use this way to teach an apprentice that bullying the animals is bad. If the young children experience the same thing they did to others, they can strongly notice that it is really bad and they will never do that again. So, I agree with the monk's way of punishing.


This is the part that I saw : "Spring"

1 comment:

  1. Good little essay. Brothers and sisters fight naturally, and there really isn't any way to stop it. I think it just takes time for kids to grow out of that. The older child should be more responsible and set a good example, in my opinion.

    I wonder if the monk should have saved the animals. It seems he allowed them to suffer to teach the boy a lesson. Wouldn't it be better if he'd rescued them after the boy left? It is interesting to discuss.

    Good post.:)

    ReplyDelete